OCDC will provide street outreach engagement, violence interruption, and conflict de-escalation, in neighborhoods where groups at high risk for gun-related violence operate. The services provided will be monitored and adjusted as needed to ensure continuous improvement and effectiveness.
- Reduce gun related crimes
- Reduce illegal gun availability
- Increase and coordinate services and resources for at-risk individuals, especially those involved in the criminal justice system
- Increase participation of community residents and organizations in public safety efforts
- Improve community residents’ attitude toward law enforcement and alleviate their concerns about safety
- Increase awareness of personal and legal consequences of gun violence
- Change community norms from a culture of violence to a culture